Saturday 1 March 2014

Late night rubbish collection from UBS

I wrote to the City's environmental services people to ask when noisy rubbish collection lorries are allowed to operate.   Here is the response:

As mentioned in my previous e-mail, collections made at 22.00 hours are within our general guidance for timings (0700-2300 hours Monday to Saturday).  As such, enforcement action may be difficult to pursue.

However I have again liaised with UBS who have investigated this matter further.  As the collections have been made within the above window, the security team had not been reporting the collections as per the procedure that I mention in my previous e-mail.  UBS have agreed as a gesture of goodwill to contact their waste contractor with a view to rearranging these collections to 21.00 hours.

Hopefully this informal agreement will help to minimise any disturbance.

No comments :