Thursday 10 May 2018

Parkour & Anonymous Notes

The weather has improved, at last, which means balcony doors are opened and the highwalks are used for all kinds of things.  This weekend we had a choir rehearsing, a saxophone player practicing, walkers walking, children playing ... and skateboarders clacking and parkour people parkouring.

The parkour people attracted the attention of residents, and someone felt the need to send out an anonymous note:

Click to read the whole note
The note suggests that people who are disturbed by the parkour people should send a note to common councillor mary.durcan@cityoflondon.gov.uk.  I find write-to-them is a good way to contact my representatives.

Some residents have said that the parkour noise did disturb them, but I should also note that some residents have told me that they rather enjoy the buzz the activity brings to the highwalk.  I quite like the buzz too ... unless I'm having a nap, in which case the parkor music or, worse, the clack and clatter of skateboards, may make me want to send a message to Mary. 

No comments :