Wednesday 13 February 2019

More on the Cote smells

Here is an update on the matter of the Cote smells.  First a note from the chair of the Ben Jonson House Group followed by a letter from Cote.  All positive stuff.

To respond to the house group please use the form at the bottom of this page, or send an email to ben.jonson.hg@gmail.com.
_____

Cote Survey

Thank you to all those who responded to the survey about odours and noise from Cote. Of those who responded, about a third have been adversely affected. We also know that a number of Breton House residents have complained about these issues.

Together with the chair of the Breton House Group I met with Mara, the new supervisor at Cote, a couple of weeks ago. She is aware of the problems, seemed sincerely sympathetic and has, within the last month or so, initiated a number of actions designed to overcome the odours.

It would, therefore, be helpful to know whether you have noticed any improvement. If so, please let us know

We will be keeping a close eye on the situation with a view to finding permanent solutions.

Chair, Ben Jonson House Group

... and a letter from the current Cote manager Mara ...
Thank you very much for coming to see me last week. I am sorry for the delay emailing you. I was waiting for our property manager to send me some information.

Regarding the parking units, he confirmed that the only things we have in the basement car park are the condensers for the air con units and the walk in fridge, nothing related to the extract system. 
Both the air supply and extract should switch off on the time clock. If there is noise in the basement after service then it is probably the walk in fridge condenser, assuming no one left the air-con switched on accidentally overnight, but this will not make much noise. 
I can confirm as well we have stopped using the odour neutraliser as per the residents request and reduced the speed of the fan to see if it makes any difference. It would be great to have some feedback from the residents on this and to know if they have noticed any improvements during the last couple of weeks.

All our filters have been serviced and cleaned on the 8th of January by Chapmans Ventilation. 
We also discussed the cleaning of the back wall in the rear area of the restaurant. I would like to confirm it has been completed today by Fluid Cleaning. 
Please let me know if I can help with any further information. I do hope we can find a way to improve the issues with the smell and I can guarantee I will do everything I can to help with this matter. 
Best Regards,

No comments :